Our club members generously provide their time, talents and funds to support a variety of local and international projects through our defined Areas of Service.
Vocational and Youth Service
- Annually recognize a deserving graduating senior from both Lakota West and East High Schools with an unrestricted college tuition scholarship.
- During each school year, we recognize on a monthly basis, deserving seniors from both Lakota West and East High Schools with unrestricted college tuition scholarships.
- Currently sponsor an Interact Club at Lakota West High School.
- Annually participate in the Annual 4-Way Speech Contest.
- Annually sponsor local high school students to attend RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Academy).
- Sponsored CPR Day (by the American Red Cross) and purchased CPR mannequins for the schools.
- Since 2011, we have been participating during the RASKALS Fall community programs.
- Since 2005, we have been hosting annual Christmas parties for children at One Way Farm where we bake Christmas goodies and distribute presents to the children.
- Have provided financial grants to local charitable organizations such as: Edge Teen Center, Reach Out Lakota, Cincinnati Childrens Hospital, American Red Cross, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts.
- Contributed $20,000 to help fund the expansion at Reach Out Lakota, our community’s only local food and clothing pantry.
- Provided over $30,000 to the West Chester/Liberty Township Fire Departments to purchase and update the children’s mobile educational fire safety house.
- Purchased an $18,000 Emergency Response van for the Butler County Red Cross.
- Donated $6,000 to the West Chester Township Police Department for the purchase of the Tornado Education Center.
- Contributed $10,000 to the formation of the West Chester Life Squad.
- POLIO PLUS — 2014: Only three countries remain polio endemic: Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Rotary International also surpasses its $200 Million Challenge fundraising goal — more than five months earlier than planned.
- Our club has contributed over $10,000 to the Rotary International Polio Plus Program. Since 1988, worldwide cases of polio have plummeted from 35,251 to 5,186 in 1997. In 2012, India surpasses an entire year without a recorded case of polio, and is taken off the polio endemic list.
- ROTARY GROUP STUDY EXCHANGE — We have hosted international teams from Africa, India, Argentina, North Korea, Holland and more!